COVID Protocol 2022
Masks and Prevention
Masks are optional to be worn among staff and students while inside. If a staff or student has been exposed to COVID-19 and tested negative, we ask that they wear a mask for 3-5 days afterwards as recommended by the CDC.
COVID Case Detection
In the event of a reported COVID-19 case among active students, NYSoP will:
- Email and text parents the same evening the case was reported, informing them of exposure and requesting a negative rapid COVID-19 test before attending their next class.
- Send out a wave of phone calls the morning after confirming parents are aware of exposure.
- Offer viable online options to the family of the child who contracted the virus
- Mandate a COVID test for all staff in primary contact
- Monitor all test results as they come in to determine what actions need to be taken for the class where the infection was reported.
Students are recommended to quarantine for 5 days or until the parents can provide a negative COVID test for the student. They may return to class with proof of a negative COVID test. If the class is within 4 days, a rapid test will suffice.
Parents may transition to the online option if they send written notice to [email protected] if quarantining, ill, or uncomfortable with attending physically.