Thank you for an adventure-filled 2020. The New York Society of Play is looking forward to being able to assist your families as well as ever, moving into 2021.
We have received several requests for recordings of your children’s’ Dungeons & Dragons sessions as a memento. We would also like to be able to provide 100% accurate accounts of our Dungeons & Dragons classes for parental review, on-demand. As we grow, we would like to be able to showcase our activities, as well as what a great time your children have in our programs. For all of this to be possible, we would like to ask you to sign a Video Consent and Release Form.
As the host of each Zoom meeting, our staff can record sessions. The recording feature for others is disabled so that no one else will be able to record this session through Zoom. No recording by other means is permitted.
Under FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), you have the right to access/inspect the recordings and the right not to have the record disclosed inappropriately, and, under COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), you have the right to request to have the recording deleted.
What if I don’t want to sign this?
That is perfectly fine and your right to assert. If this is the case, please send a letter informing us of your intention to opt-out of recording to [email protected] by 2/1/21. If any member of one group opts out of granting consent to record, all families in that group will receive a notice that their sessions will not be recorded.
What do we want to use this footage for?
- Creation of training material for NYSoP Staff
- Use of Likeness, voice, or first name (Never all 3 at once) in promotional materials and media content production. Any use of promotional materials, we will issue a separate waiver
- Ability to provide a record of attendance, behavior, and content to the parents on demand
- Ability to document and produce recordings of your child’s journey, for parent use.
This waiver does NOT cover
- Promotional material
- Use in sold products
The recording waiver will apply during
- Dungeons & Dragons games (Audio, first name)
- Online classes (Audio, first name OR likeness, never all 3)
- Camp (Likeness in photos)
- Written quotes (First name)
Regarding Promotional Materials
New York Society of Play may use class recordings for marketing and advertising purposes, but only with permission of all families involved in the class. If a video is marked as viable for marketing and advertising purposes, the New York Society of Play will reach out to you and ask for your consent to use your child’s voice and/or likeness in future media.
In consideration of the opportunity to provide certain statements and participate in photography or audio/videotaping relating to certain products of New York Society of Play, I, for myself and, in the case of a minor (the “Minor”), for myself and the Minor in my capacity as the Minor’s parent/guardian, agree as follows:
1. I hereby consent to the recording of statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of the Minor or me by the New York Society of Play or its contractors.
2. All statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of the Minor or me, by New York Society of Play, its affiliates, or its contractors, may be used by New York Society of Play for review, content creation, and training purposes as determined by New York Society of Play anywhere in the world in its sole discretion. Neither the Minor nor I shall have any right to control the use or publication by the New York Society of Play of the statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings.
3. All statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of the Minor or me by the New York Society of Play, its affiliates, or its contractors, shall be the sole property of the New York Society of Play. Neither the Minor nor I shall receive any compensation in connection with use of these statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings.
4. On behalf of the Minor and myself, I hereby release, waive and discharge any claims of any kind or nature arising out of or relating to the use of the statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings against the New York Society of Play or any person or firm authorized by New York Society of Play to publish said materials (“Publisher”), Such release, waiver and discharge shall also extend to all affiliated companies, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns of New York Society of Play and any Publisher.
5. This Release shall be binding upon the Minor and me, and our respective successors, heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, spouse, and next of kin.
6. I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I GIVE UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS ON BEHALF OF THE MINOR AND MYSELF (INCLUDING RIGHTS RELATING TO PUBLICITY AND PRIVACY WITH RESPECT TO THE NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF ANY STATEMENTS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND/OR AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDINGS) AND I SIGN THIS RELEASE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.